Procuration/Power of Attorney
For follow up, you may contact (212) 758 2625 (ext 304)
- A "Procuration" Power of Attorney is meant to save the trip to the homeland of Moroccan Nationals residing in the US
- A "Procuration" Power of Attorney has to be notarized by this Consulate General in order for it to be valid in Morocco.
- The presence of the principal at the Consulate General is mandatory as he/she has to sign the document before a Consular employee, after verification of his/her Moroccan ID or passport.
For all principals living outside the New York area: the power of attorney must be notarized before a Notary Public using both inking stamp and seal metal embosser, prior to mailing to this Consulate General, along with a notarized copy of the principal's National ID or passport.
The notary public also has to mention the following: "On this day, appeared before me and signed this document Mr. or Ms…..and presented his/her ID card.
- Divorce $22.50
- Commercial $29.00 (Companies, State department & investment).
- General ( buying, selling, heritage settlement and general power of attorney giving someone the power to act and sign on your behalf in all matters) $6.50
- Regular (To open a bank account, Certificate of lodging, To retrieve a document or a diploma or any document on your behalf, to be a proxy of any administrative procedure concerning your house, such as electricity and/or water installation and /or billing) $6.50
- Fees for returning your mail are not included in the fees above. To ensure the reception of your document, please include a prepaid express mail envelope (the only mailing method accepted) obtained from the post office)
Please be advised that:
- A National ID is required for notarizing all documents
- General powers of attorney
and the ones involving selling
must be notarized at the Department of State
of the principal's city of residence or before a clerk at this Consulate General
(Please make sure you write your name & address on the money order, and in case you send a follow up e-mail, or leave a voicemail, please make sure you leave your name and call back number)
NB/ these requirements are intended to protect the interests of Moroccan citizens